Listening - Song - If I Had A Million Dollars - Bare Naked Ladies (B1)

Watch the video and complete the activities below.

ACTIVITIES

Part 1: Verse 1 - Gap Fill Listen to the first part of the song and fill in the blanks using the words from the box below. There is one extra word you do not need to use.
automobile  |  money  |  furniture  |  house
If I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars) Well, I'd buy you a 1. (I would buy you a house) And if I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars) I'd buy you 2. for your house (Maybe a nice Chesterfield or an ottoman) And if I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars) Well, I'd buy you a K-Car (A nice Reliant 3. )
Part 2: Pre-Chorus - Read & Sing! And if I had a million dollars I'd buy your love
Part 3: Verse 2 - Find the Extra Word In the lines below, there is ONE extra, incorrect word added to each numbered line. Listen carefully and click on the word that does NOT belong.
4.
If I had a million green dollars
5.
I'd build a big tree fort in our yard
If I had million dollars
6.
You could help me, it wouldn't be that hard
(Spoken Part - Just listen and follow along) If I had million dollars Maybe we could put like a little tiny fridge in there somewhere You know, we could just go up there and hang out Like open the fridge and stuff and There would already be foods laid out for us Like little pre-wrapped sausages and things They have pre-wrapped sausages, but they don't have pre-wrapped bacon Well, can you blame 'em? Uh, yeah!
Part 4: Verse 3 - Match the Columns Drag and drop the funny comments (A-C) to match the first half of the singers' ideas (7-9).
A. (Ooh, all them crazy elephant bones)
B. (But not a real fur coat, that's cruel)
C. (Yep, like a llama or an emu)
7. Well, I'd buy you a fur coat
8. Well, I'd buy you an exotic pet
9. Well, I'd buy you John Merrick's remains
Part 5: Pre-Chorus - Read & Sing! And if I had a million dollars I'd buy your love
Part 6: Verse 4 - Multiple Choice (Spot the Mistake) Listen to the lyrics and choose the correct word to complete the sentences.
If I had a million dollars We wouldn't have to 10. to the store If I had a million dollars Now, we'd take a 11. 'cause it costs more If I had a million dollars We wouldn't have to 12. Kraft Dinner But we would eat Kraft Dinner Of course we would, we'd just eat more And buy really expensive ketchups with it That's right, all the fanciest ke-, dijon ketchups! Mm, mm, mm
Part 7: Verse 5 - Unscramble the Lines Listen to this verse and drag and drop the lines up or down to put them in the correct chronological order.
A. Well, I'd buy you some art (A Picasso or a Garfunkel)
B. If I had a million dollars (If I had a million dollars)
C. Well, I'd buy you a monkey (Haven't you always wanted a monkey)
D. Well, I'd buy you a green dress (But not a real green dress, that's cruel)
Part 8: Outro - Read & Sing! If I had a million dollars I'd buy your love If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollars If I had a million dollars I'd be rich
Part 9: Vocabulary & Interpretation Choose the best answer for each question based on the song.
17. What grammar structure is repeated throughout the song to express imaginary situations?
18. When the singer says "But not a real fur coat, that's cruel", what does he mean?
19. What is an "exotic pet" as mentioned in the song?

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários