Listening - Song - I'm Still Here - John Rzeznik (A2)

Watch the video and complete the activities below.

ACTIVITIES

Activity 1: Cloze (Fill in the blanks)
Fill in the missing words from Verse 1 using the word bank: arms / question / listen / answer / world
I am a to the
Not an to be heard
Or a moment that's held in your
And what do you think you'd ever say, I won't anyway
You don't know me, and I'll never be what you want me to be
Activity 2: Spot the Mistake
Each line below has ONE incorrect word compared to the original verse. Find the wrong word, click it, and type the correct one.
And what do you think you'd remember
Correction:
I'm a boy, no, I'm a child
Correction:
You can't take me and push me away
Correction:
And how can you learn what's never played
Correction:
Yeah you stand here on your feet
Correction:
They don't know me
'Cause I'm not here
Activity 3: Minimal Pairs Selection
Chorus 1 - Click on the correct word you hear in the chorus.
And I want a moment to be real / reel
Wanna touch / much things I don't feel
Wanna hold on and feel I along / belong
And how can the world / word want me to change
They're the ones that stay the same / some
They don't know me
'Cause I'm not here
Activity 4: Unscramble the Lines
Drag and drop the lines of Verse 3 into the correct order (1 to 5).
Now you know me and I'm not afraid
And you see the things they never see
Can you help me be a man
All you wanted I could be
And I wanna tell you who I am
They can't break me
As long as I know who I am
Activity 5: Rhyme Matching
Chorus 2 - Drag the words from the left column into the correct boxes to match them with their rhyming words.
1. Deal
2. Song
3. Name
A. Game
B. Real
C. Long (Belong)
They can't see me
But I'm still here
Activity 6: Find the Extra Word
There is ONE extra word in each line below that does NOT belong. Click on the extra word.
They can't tell me always who to be
'Cause I'm not what they see now
Yeah, the whole world is still sleepin'
While I keep on dreamin' hard for me
And their words are just small whispers and lies
That I'll never believe
Activity 7: Reading Comprehension
Choose the correct option based on Chorus 3 and the overall meaning.

1. What does the singer want?

A) A moment to be real
B) To leave the world behind
C) To change his name

2. Who stays the same?

A) The singer
B) The other people ("they")
C) Nobody

3. What is the main message of the song?

A) The singer wants to give up.
B) The singer wants to be true to himself and not let others change him.
C) The singer is lost and needs directions.
I'm the one now
'Cause I'm still here
I'm the one
'Cause I'm still here
I'm still here
I'm still here
I'm still here

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários