Vocabulary - Using Food Delivery Apps

Study the vocabulary list and complete the activities below.

Ordering food online is a big part of our routine, but delivery apps have their own specific vocabulary! Today, you are going to learn 6 essential words and expressions to help you navigate food delivery apps in English with confidence. Let's get started!

  • 1. To track
    Explanation: To follow the location of your delivery driver on a map using your phone.
    Example: I always check my phone to track my order and see exactly when my pizza will arrive.
  • 2. Utensils
    Explanation: Tools used for eating, like plastic forks, knives, and spoons.
    Example: I chose the option "no utensils" on the app because I am eating at home and have my own forks.
  • 3. Side dish
    Explanation: A smaller portion of food that is served with your main meal, like fries or a salad.
    Example: I ordered a big hamburger, and I chose onion rings as my side dish.
  • 4. To rate
    Explanation: To give a score (usually stars) to show if you liked the restaurant's food and the driver's service.
    Example: The driver was very fast and polite, so I am going to rate him five stars.
  • 5. Special instructions
    Explanation: Extra details or requests you type to the restaurant about how to prepare your food or where to leave it.
    Example: I wrote in the special instructions that I want my sandwich without onions.
  • 6. Payment method
    Explanation: The way you choose to pay for your order, such as a credit card, cash, or digital wallet.
    Example: I need to change my payment method because my old credit card expired.
Food Delivery Apps on a Phone

ACTIVITIES

Exercise 1: Definition Matching

Match the definitions to the correct vocabulary words by dragging and dropping them into the boxes. If you want to remove an answer, just click on it.

To track
Side dish
Special instructions
To rate
Utensils
1. Tools like forks and knives to eat your food.
2. To give a score to the restaurant or driver.
3. To follow your delivery on a map.
4. Extra information you send to the restaurant about your order.
5. Extra food that comes with your main order, like French fries.
Exercise 2: Gap Fill

Complete the sentences using the correct words from the box. Type your answers. As you type, the words in the box will cross out. There is one extra word you do not need to use.

[ Payment method ] [ Rate ] [ Track ] [ Utensils ] [ Side dish ] [ Special instructions ]
1. If you don't want mayonnaise in your burger, you need to write it in the .
2. I am so hungry! I am going to my order to see if the driver is close to my house.
3. For my , I want a small green salad instead of fries, please.
4. The food was cold and arrived late. I will this restaurant one star.
5. Do you need to eat your pasta, or do you have a fork in your office?
Exercise 3: Reading Comprehension

Read the short dialogue below and choose the correct option for the three questions.

Leo: I just ordered some Thai food for us!

Mia: Awesome! Did you add any special instructions? You know I can't eat peanuts.

Leo: Yes, I wrote "no peanuts, allergy" for your noodles. I also selected credit card as the payment method, so everything is already paid for.

Mia: Perfect. Do we need to wash the dishes later?

Leo: No, I asked the restaurant to send plastic utensils so we don't have to clean anything.

Mia: You are the best! How long until the food gets here?

Leo: Let me track the order on the app. Oh, the driver is just two streets away!

1. Why did Leo use the special instructions box on the app?
2. Why did Leo ask for utensils?
3. How does Leo know the driver is close to their house?

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários