Listening - International Coffee Day

Listen to the audio and complete the activities below.
View Audio Transcript

Mark: Hey Sarah! Happy International Coffee Day!

Sarah: Oh, is that today? I had no idea! Well, it’s a good thing we decided to meet at this cafe.

Mark: Exactly! I ordered my usual double espresso. What did you get?

Sarah: I just got a flat white. I usually drink black coffee at home, but I like to treat myself when I go out.

Mark: That makes sense. Did you know that people drink over two billion cups of coffee every day around the world?

Sarah: Wow, two billion? That is a lot of caffeine! I try to limit myself to two cups a day. If I drink more, I can't sleep at night.

Mark: Same here. I never drink coffee after 4 PM. Anyway, the barista said they have a special discount today for the holiday.

Sarah: Awesome! Let's get some pastries to celebrate, then. My treat!

Coffee Day Activity Image

ACTIVITIES

Activity 1: Multiple Choice

Choose the best answer for each question based on the conversation.

1. Why is Mark excited at the beginning of the conversation?
a) Because it is Sarah's birthday.
b) Because it is International Coffee Day.
c) Because he got a new job at the cafe.
2. What kind of coffee does Sarah usually drink when she is at home?
a) Flat white
b) Double espresso
c) Black coffee
3. According to Mark, how many cups of coffee do people consume daily worldwide?
a) Over two million
b) Over two billion
c) Over ten billion
4. Why does Sarah limit her coffee intake to two cups a day?
a) Because coffee is too expensive.
b) Because it gives her a stomachache.
c) Because too much caffeine affects her sleep.
5. What is Sarah going to do at the end of the conversation?
a) Pay for some pastries for both of them.
b) Go home to sleep.
c) Ask the barista for a free espresso.
Activity 2: True, False, or Not Given

Read the statements below. Decide if they are True, False, or Not Given based on the text.

1. Sarah knew it was a special holiday before arriving at the cafe.
True
False
Not Given
2. Mark ordered a double espresso.
True
False
Not Given
3. Mark sometimes drinks tea instead of coffee in the evening.
True
False
Not Given
4. Mark frequently drinks coffee at 6:00 PM.
True
False
Not Given
5. There is a special discount at the cafe today.
True
False
Not Given
Activity 3: Gap Fill

Drag and drop the words from the box into the correct spaces to complete the summary.

billion
sleep
cafe
pastries
Coffee
Mark and Sarah are meeting at a local
. Mark is very happy because they are celebrating International
Day. Mark shares a fun fact, telling Sarah that people drink over two
cups of coffee globally every day. Both friends agree that they have to be careful with caffeine, or they won't be able to
at night. Because the barista mentioned a holiday discount, Sarah offers to buy some
for them to share.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários