Listening - Song - A Day in the Life - The Beatles (A2)

Listen to the song and complete the activities below.

ACTIVITIES

Activity 1 – Listen and Complete

Listen to the first part of the song and complete the missing words.

Part 1

I the news today, oh boy

About a lucky man who the grade

And though the news was rather

Well, I just had to

I the photograph

Part 2

He his mind out in a car

He didn't notice that the lights had

A crowd of people and stared

They'd his face before

Nobody was really if he was from the House of Lords

Activity 2 – Past Simple: What Did You Hear?

Listen to the next part of the song. Choose the exact verb you hear.

Part 3

1. I
saw see
a film today, oh boy.
2. The English Army had just
win won
the war.
3. A crowd of people
turn turned
away.
4. But I just had to
look looked
.
5. Having
read reads
the book, I'd love to turn you on.

Part 4

6.
Wake Woke
up, fell out of bed.
7.
Drag Dragged
a comb across my head.
8.
Find Found
my way downstairs and drank a cup.
9. And looking up, I
notice noticed
I was late.
10.
Find Found
my coat and grabbed my hat.
11.
Made Make
the bus in seconds flat.
12.
Find Found
my way upstairs and had a smoke.
13. And somebody
speak spoke
and I
went go
into a dream.

Activity 3 – Spot the Mistake

Listen to the final part of the song. Each sentence contains one incorrect word. Click on the incorrect word and type the word you hear.

1. I read the news yesterday, oh boy.
2. Four thousand houses in Blackburn, Lancashire.
3. And though the holes were rather large.
4. They had to see them all.
5. Now they know how many holes it needs to fill the Albert Hall.

🎧 Final Challenge – Listen and Notice

Listen to the song one more time. Write down five Past Simple verbs that you hear.

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

Postar um comentário

0 Comentários